Help I've messed up - No heating !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi 1st post but here goes, I have just re-tiled my kitchen and had to take the CH programmer (Danfoss CP715) off the wall, when I went to put it back on I forgot to turn the power off and there was a big bang/explosion and the main RCB had tripped out. Ended up buying a new programmer (Drayton Tempus 7) put it on (with the power off :D ) but now there is no power going to the programmer or the boiler which is a Potterton Promax HE, not sure what to do next, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
A heating system should be supplied form a switched fused spur unit containing a 3 A fuse.

Have you checked/replaced the fuse in this?

Tony

check the fuse in the spur (which should be near the clock or boiler) feeding just the heating with a 3amp fuse,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick replies, I have had a look for a fuse near the boiler but as yet not been able to find one, will have another look in the morning, will let you know how I get on.

Success ! Found 2 unidentified fuses on a grid switch plate near the programmer, both 13A checked them and we now have a working heating system. Thanks for the help. :D

The one for the boiler should be 3 amp, not 13
That is what I was led to believe, the fuse was installed by the house builder 4 years ago and not been changed since, should I put a 3A fuse in instead of the 13A one, even though I now have a working heating system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back