Help I've painted newly plastered walls too early

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Just wanted some help,
I had my bedroom walls plastered just over a week ago, two walls and ceiling were skimmed and two walls had new plasterboard as well.

Our plasterer told us to wait until the following weekend to paint, which we did. Painted yesterday using thin white emulsion first and then did one coat of the colour. Got up this morning to put a second coat of colour on and the two walls which have had new plasterboard on them have got lots of darker patches all over them where it looks like the paint hasnt dried.

I am assuming that this is because the plaster underneath hadnt dried out correctly because surely the paint should be dry after over 12 hours?

My question is what do I do now? I obviously havent done the second coat. If I leave it until it drys out will it be ok or am I going to have to remove the paint and treat the walls? Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
a week shouled be long enough... it will be fine just let it go light pink coloured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back