plasterboard fixings showing through plaster and paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a garage conversion completed with external wall covered with insulated plasterboard and skimmed. I left plaster to dry for 4 weeks until perfectly white. Dots were clearly showing from metal fixings used but only as faint darker spots so i started to paint. I've painted 3 coats of white emulsion and dots still showing. I'm reluctant to start with more expensive light coloured top coats!
Have these areas simply not dried?
Any advice would be appreciated!!
Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
If they used nailable plugs the skim will be slightly heavier at those points and will take slightly longer to dry out.

Think moisture - cold metal - condensation.
Hey presto - shadowing.

It is common in moisture laden buildings for condensation to seek out and reveal things like rafter lines, dry-wall dabs, fixings etc. It's known as shadowing.

Once the heating is on and you are back to normal moisture wise, then things should settle down.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back