help levelling a thin, new and badly screeded floor !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we have a new screed floor that goes way too thin and is out by up to 15mm,
ideally we would like something that can go down now whilst screed is green?? wickes deep base levelling compound??
any help hugely appreciated. our final floor is going to be osb/chipboard plus final , as yet undecided finish.
we don't want to wait weeks as it is dangerously thin, and we want to cover over and forget this nightmare!!, then we can cut back the edging expansion strips too!

we dont mind waiting the 1day per mm after levelling..

Sponsored Links
They things i dont understand.

What do you mean by -

While the screed is still GREEN?

What do you mean by dangerously thin?

What do you mean by edge expansion strips?

I presume you are talking about the actual subfloor is to thin? Not meeting minimum standards for strength ? are you trying to increase its thickness to make structurally sound?

I am still looking for answers from anyone who might know what i am talking about!!??
specifically, can fresh green screed, (fresh cement mixes are green for first few days!), and Wickes deep base floor levelling compound, which is also cement based, dry and cure together??, or will i have to wait a few weeks for screed to be completely dry and then sealed with a primer before applying??

Sponsored Links
I am still looking for answers from anyone who might know what i am talking about!!??

If you answered the questions i asked you above i could help you ! I asked the above questions to make sure we are both talking / using the same terminology as you dont know much about subfloors judging by the question you asked.

To start with the answer is NO you can not use the deep base product you are looking at using.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back