Help! Lost Picture!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can diagnose an issue with lost picture.

Mrs Secure is babysitting & the house has a Pioneer Plasma TV with remote AXD 1481.

From what she says, I am making the assumption the TV does not have Freeview built-in. There is a separate Humax box.

The problem is, she pressed the P + button on the Pioneer remote and this lost the picture (as it would if the TV relied on an STB).

I have looked up the remote and got her to press various buttons all to no avail.

I even got her to power the Humax down then up again, in the hope it would prompt the TV to connect with it, but that failed too.

Does anyone know what she needs to do to get a picture back?

As she was left with the Pioneer remote and the Humax remote, I am assuming they are the only appliances in the mix.

Sponsored Links
Press source or AV on the TV remote and take it to HDMI (try 1, then 2 etc). Wait 10 seconds on each HDMI input in case of HDCP delays.

If it doesnt have HDMI on the AV choices just go through the AV inputs one at a time, HDMI tends to be about AV7 on some TV's.

David.

Sponsored Links
I guess shes tried the input buttons at the top? Looks like 1 to 4?

Failing that try the menu / home one and see if there is an option for input?

Maybe try the PC one as well? You never know... :)

Thanks all. When my friends returned they unplugged it and plugged back in again - problem solved! I had tried all the input buttons, and even enlisted the help of their daughter, who was also stuck (she pressed Input 3, which she said was the usual fix).

Luckily I had taken a book...

Cheers all

Mrs Secure

I was as I read the post going to say check the plugs.
I have a really odd one with my set-up. If I power up from scratch the TV has no picture from the live output with the HD/DVD recorder.
If I scroll through the inputs to the HD/DVD recorder back to where I started all works.

It happens each time we have a power cut. I am so use to it I do it without even bothering to switch on TV. However any visitor I am sure would really have a problem.

One just needs the knack!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back