Help Low Hot Water Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I would appreciate any advice on the problems I have tyring to get a decent shower.

Ever since I had my presurised hot water system replaced with a traditional gravity-fed system (the presssurised cylinder was leaking like a seive, local plubmer persuaded me to swich so did.. fool that I am) I've been struggeling to get a decent shower.

I have a mixer block in my en-suite but the flow rate is very poor when running hot, and much better when cold. I have about 1.5m distance between bottom of header tank and the shower head and the cold water is mains fed.

I'm considering using a pump but am unsure whether I can just have the hot water boosted, because the cold is fine.

Also becase of restricted space in the shower room I'm wondering If I can install a hot water only pump, near the HW cylinder and boost the HW supply to the whole house, so that sink taps and another bath tap/mixer shower in the bathroom will be improved.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Radtanto

Sponsored Links
Sorry that I can't answer your questions.

I'm putting up a BUMP on this topic, because I'm interested in reading the answer! I'd especially like to know about putting a hot-water only pump right near the gravity-fed cylinder.

Best,

np223

I think what you would need is a single ended pump, as for make/type I will leave that to the Pros.

The one I fitted for a friend for shower only cost approx £130 but that was over 18 months ago.

I think it was this one. Click

Salem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back