Help me decide on a base for lean-to bike store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to start building a lean-to bike store, but I can't decide what type of base I should use.

The area was filled with gravel, which I previously thought was on soil, but after clearing out the area, it turns out there's concrete underneath.

20210427_102707.jpg

However, the concrete slopes away from the house significantly, plus I don't want to put wood on concrete.

I considered trying to level the gravel and build on that, but unlike filling a hole with gravel, there's nothing stopping it coming out on two ends, so this wont be stable enough.

I'm now considering getting some of those plastic shed bases, putting that directly on the concrete to avoid the 'wood on concrete' issue, filling those with the gravel, which stops the 'gravel spilling out the ends' issue, then building the wooden base to accommodate the slope.

https://www.a1sheds.com/ecobase-fastfit-shed-bases-from-459-12542-p.asp

Are there any other solutions I'm missing? I've been overthinking this for a month o_O, need to get some materials ordered and start work!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back