Shed base query - mixed surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm putting down a 13x8 shed, but the base area is currently two-thirds concrete and one-third soil. The base of the shed would therefore span across the two surfaces.

I'm not precious about using plastic shed tiles or a wood frame base - but I'd like to know what the recommendation would be on creating a base that would sit across these two surfaces?

Plastic & gravel across both or wood frame on top of blocks?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Stu

Sponsored Links
Can you not lay some concrete flags on the soil to the same level of the concrete bit? Probably pickup the flags for free off Freecycle etc.

Bit of digging out, some hardcore and dry sand/cement mix. Probably be cheaper than the plastic tiles and gravel, unless you have that stuff already.

Hi, thanks for replying. I'd wondered about this and I think it's probably the best option, so thanks for confirming my thoughts! Flags aren't expensive but I'd not thought of freecycle so that's a really good one. Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back