Help Me Select a Transformer

N

Nabs

I have 2 light fittings which have recently failed. The electrician that came out has informed me the transformers have gone and I therefore need to replace them.

Currently one is a:
Eagle Rise Model set210LS
Input 220-240V, output 11.5v - max 210W
This transforms a light using 10x 12V G4 GU20W bulbs and looks like a linear electronic transformer

The other looks like a toridal transformer -
Baon Shin Ya
Model BSY-8210R
220-240 V - 50-60 Hz 0.95A
Sec 11.5 - 70-210W cos >0.95
This light is a 20x5w G4 GU5 bulbs

I wonder regarding a suitable replacement, and while I am at it whether it would be worth replacing them with ones that accepts dimmer switches e.g. the varilight dimmers

Any suggestions for replacements?

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I was wondering actually if there were better replacements? I had not tried ebay

Sponsored Links
I had come on to ask a simple question as I know little about transformers, there may be many names out there and makes, without experience sometime one does not know. Naturally one google, which I did, however I did not come across any reviews, any info on ones that tolerate dimming etc.

It is not very helpful, nor very nice to presume one has not done any looking around, cannot use or have not used google etc otherwise how would one find this forum. Certainly the reception is a lot chillier than others here and maybe this therefore not the place for me........

There are lots of different sorts, and shapes, and capabilities. Many are manufactured for the specific light fitting that they are in and you won't get an off the shelf replacement.
As you may have found, searching for the part number will only end you up at the makers web site in China and they'll only sell you a box of 1,000.
You'll not find anyone who holds stocks of spares either.

Its not surprising that you are getting a chilly reception.
You are not helping, at all.
I have already twice asked you for a very basic bit of detail....

You see, just a glance at the picture and someone will say

"oh, that's the same as an ACME (UK) R200 dimmerable transformer"
and your problem is solved.

Saying that you need a
"Baon Shin Ya
Model BSY-8210R" means nothing to anybody but the maker, and they are a very long way away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back