help me understand wiring pls

There was a product but just looked on TLC website to get link and it has been discontinued. B&Q, Screwfix and others have marketed remote switches and hand held controls which at first glance seem great but most seem to be only designed for tungsten lamps with dimmers built in and a minimum wattage of 40W mainly as designed as a retro fit and with LED or CFL then the installation method changes with multi switching rather than dimming switches.

The Sphere 5A Relay Switch Receiver does seem to allow LED lamps as well as tungsten however the price is not what I would want to pay it would need to be a really special situation to warrant that expense.

I also worry about the amount of RF controlled devices I have seen the result too many times. I would take the dog for a walk and talk to my friends at the same time and it was like Black Pool illuminations with security lights car alarms and remote locking systems activating everywhere along my route and I was only using 5W.

OK there have improved but I would prefer hard wired not saving money if they switch one while your not there.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back