Help me with my leaking shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had an old mixer shower that was probably 20 years old and it finally gave up on us with a thread breaking down so it wouldn't turn off.

After looking around in shops / internet and ebay i came up with what i thought was a solution to get a new one in place with the current set up that is there already.

The pipes are running down from the ceiling unlike most new places where they come out the wall and because of this i needed to find some wall bracket / adapters for a new shower unit to go onto which i did.

Here is a picture of how it is at the minute, ignore the compression join on the shower head pipe, thats temp until i get a new one with the ends already on.

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7066/showerv.jpg

It all connects up and the shower comes on etc.. however the connection between the bracket and the copper coupler is leaking water. Its a constant drip and thats from both of them.

I can't think how i would tighten it up any further as they are quite tight as it is and any futher movement will make it so they are off level and simply won't connect to the shower unit at all.

I'm stuck for ideas and its a pain turning the valves on and off up at the ceiling every time i need a shower.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That looks awful

Why don't you cut the existing fitting off the pipework and use the chrome
nut/olive that comes with the bar mixer fittings.
p4759169_x.jpg

or even change the pipework to chrome while your there.
it'll make the whole job look better.

7_1842_e.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back