Shower leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak in a shower and i am struggling to get on top of it. The problem is the left side of the tiled wall where the shower glass connects into the wall.

I screwed and siliconed in the bracket to the tiles.

I then just put a blob of silicon at the bottom of this bracket and pushed the screen into the bracket. I then sealed up on the outside around the screen where it sits on the tray and up the side of the holding bracket.

I suppose i need to take the screen out and possibly refix the bracket.

Any ideas on the best way to approach this ?

ps. The silicon seal at the bottom of the tiles is not the problem and the tiles are good. The water leaks out at the back of the shower in the bottom left corner (so where the bracket fixes to the tiles)

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 121
Sponsored Links
not sure what you mean by that ? Do you mean have i sealed silicone on the inside of the frame ? I haven't as i thought you only sealed outside on the frame.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for late reply. The water ends up outside of the tray on the floor. It is coming from the back of the tray where it is tiled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back