Leaking shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Shower is leaking at the corner where screen meets tiles, meets tray. It's not clear at all where it's getting through. I've sealed / resealed along the tray / tiles joint and up the edge where screen meets tiles and also, along the bottom where screen meets tray. Thinking that the water may be getting down between the glass and the glass seal, I've also sealed along that edge. It's still leaking :( Any thoughts?

What are my options?

Presumably, it's a 'back to basics' approach? Remove screens, remove bottom row of tiles(?), clean-up all surfaces of any sign of old sealant, re-install everything?

Am I wasting my time?

Perhaps instead I scrap the lot and start again?

I'm getting pretty fed up with this ongoing problem tbh.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
My 3 year old shower installation started leaking in the corners. I removed the grout with a multi tool and re grouted with waterproof grout. Granddaughters boyfreing who is a gas and heating engineer (plumber) took the shower out, stripped and cleaned all jointing faces. Reinstalled and resealed.

At the moment 4 weeks on it is all well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back