HELP !!!!! MicroBore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI All
Sorry for re-posting this again but I desperately need help with this! Many Thanks for all your help.

I have a microbore central heating system with twin entry valves. The 10mm Piping runs into the walls and what I was hoping to do is swap out these old radiators for new one as the convert heat much better then these 21 year old rads. Problem is New Rads cannot use twin entry valves and piping has to be converted to work with flow and return pipes at different ends of the radiator. How easy is it to convert the piping from Twin entry Valves so that one pipe runs to each end of radiator. I presume the whole system needs draining to add additional piping by soldering etc so that either flow or return pipe can reach one end of the radiator. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you've answered your own question there :D
Maybe a good time to flush & add inhibitor while you're at it too?

Caesar said:
HI All
Sorry for re-posting this again but I desperately need help with this! Many Thanks for all your help.

I have a microbore central heating system with twin entry valves. The 10mm Piping runs into the walls and what I was hoping to do is swap out these old radiators for new one as the convert heat much better then these 21 year old rads. Problem is New Rads cannot use twin entry valves and piping has to be converted to work with flow and return pipes at different ends of the radiator. How easy is it to convert the piping from Twin entry Valves so that one pipe runs to each end of radiator. I presume the whole system needs draining to add additional piping by soldering etc so that either flow or return pipe can reach one end of the radiator. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks

Extend one pipe to the other end of the rad. Drain and fill with desludger before you take away rads.

Fit new rads. Flush with Superfloc and add inhibitor. There is nothing wrong with microbore. Works very well.

any system works well, IF it`s installed properly .....microbore got a bad name because it was sometimes lashed in during the boom times :confused: .....make that "often" in place of sometimes :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Easier (and tidier) option would be to plumb the flow to upper connection and return to lower. Alternative is to lift the flooring and connect each end lower tapping.

DP said:
Easier (and tidier) option would be to plumb the flow to upper connection and return to lower. Alternative is to lift the flooring and connect each end lower tapping.

why does he need to lift the flooring?

surely if the pipework comes out through the wall he would only need to extend one pipe under the rad to the far tapping as mentioned by water systems post?

Hi All Many Many thanks for all the really useful replies they were much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back