Microbore Radiator change

13 Aug 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I need to change a radiator on my microbore system from a large single to a smaller double radiator. The valve is a double entry (i.e. from one side only) but I understand these fittings are not suitable for modern radiators.

As far as I can work our this leaves two options:

a) extend one leg of the microbore to the other end of the new radiator on same size pipe


b) convert locally to 15mm dia copper and run toboth ends (flow & return)

The trouble with option "a" being the difficulty in installing microbore pipework straight as it will be visable.

Would I be creating problems by going for option "b"

Can you advise please
Sponsored Links
No problem getting a short length of microbore straight. It can be almost hidden anyway, against the wall, with an elbow into the valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links