Is there such thing as a microbore radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum, and DIY in general. I'm replacing my bathroom radiator with a heated towel rail (like so many people on this forum). I have Microbore pipework going into one end of the existing radiator.

Inside the radiator there is... well I guess it's a tube for separating the In/Out flows. Does anyone know if this is an insert, or part of the radiator?

Will I have to redirect the pipes to go In/Out on opposite ends of the towel rail, or can I adapt it to take microbore from one end only?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Sponsored Links
You won't be able to use the twin entry valve on a towel rail. You will have to take each 8mm tube to each end of towel rail. If you search you will find other references to peop0le trying to adapt 8mm tubes to towel rails.

Thanks Chris.

I'd perused the forum for a while before posting myself, but I couldn't find anyone that had asked the right question.

Changing the pipework it is then!

Sponsored Links
Did you do a "search"? Click search above and enter say "8mm" and see what comes up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back