Help! - Misbehaving Honeywell CM927 unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new boiler installed and it came with a Honeywell CM927 wireless thermostat.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the temperature on the display was way off (claiming around 20 degrees when the heating had been off all day and I knew it to be only around 16 or so at the time). I ignored this though, as the heating still seemed to be working OK when instructed (by 'auto' and 'manual' settings).

Anyway, not sure if the glitches are linked but this morning when I looked at the CM927 (I do not run the heating overnight, so the unit is set to 'off') the entire LCD display was lit - by this I mean every icon and every stroke (usually used in different combinations to form numbers) was displayed and the thing is non-responsive in every setting ('auto'/'date'/'prog'/etc.).

So I now can't program the CH system.

I tried replacing the batteries, even though they clearly are not dead as the display is lit, indicating power(!) but this did not help. As far as I can tell from the product user guide - which is not particularly helpful as almost every troubleshooting point simply directs one to call the installer! - there is no other way of trying to reset the unit? I did find a post somewhere online that described a way but as I can't navigate around any of the functions on the screen (as they are all permanently 'on') I couldn't try it!

Can anyone help?? I would really, really appreciate ideas for solutions. Thanks :)
Kate

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The technical term involves an night-time activity beginning with F.

Honeywell seem to be having production issues, and whilst still rare, premature failures are increasing in my experience.

Switching the slider to off every night defeats the object of the unit somewhat, but I doubt it killed it.

Just get it swapped under warranty - they are still the best on the market.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back