Honeywell CM927 displays "Internal Error"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone - newbie to the forum
I have had a new (?) CM927 Wireless Thermostat (purchased on FleaBay) working OK for about two weeks.
It now displays "internal Error" on the LoT display.
It also displays a flashing spanner icon.
It also shows the room temperature as minus 24 degrees!
Most other settings can still be altered/programmed OK.
Can this be reset and if so how?
Removing batteries has no effect.
Any help most welcome
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you tried puuting new batteries in it?

Thanks for your response Mick
Yes - new batteries do not solve it.
It had only been "installed" for a couple of weeks before it failed like this

Sponsored Links
as reading -24c sounds like the internal thermistor is shot its not replaceable though so new unit - Check the warrenty you might be able to get a free one if less than a year old! ;)

Many thanks for your repies guys - much appreciated.
I guess I was unlucky this time!!!!!!!

Having a similar problem with a Honeywell CM927.

Bought and installed it just over 2 years ago, and it worked really well until about 6 months ago when the batteries went flat. No bother, replaced the batteries, but they seemed to go flat very quickly too.

Had a situation where we came back from a few days away and the heating had clearly been on for days and the house was up to about 35 degrees :eek:

Had a similar problem with the heating sticking on - think it was a zone valve, BG guy came out and gave it a clean and it seems to be OK now.

Anyway, replaced the batteries again, and they have just gone flat again - within a month!

Just now I pulled the batteries and put them back in as it didn't seem to have clicked on and it was getting cold. It then told me the temp was -24 degrees!

A little playing about and now I have the spanner symbol and "internal error".

Is the thing really goosed then? I have to say that I am pretty unimpressed. Obviously it's not under warranty but can I just buy the controller? I really don't see why I should spend £100 on another unit, frankly 2 years doesn't seem a very impressive lifetime...

The CM927 are normally very reliable. I have had one for nearly six years and the only thing I have done is replace the batteries.

Although it is out of warranty, I would still get in touch with Honeywell as there may be a bad batch of them.

What make batteries are you fitting?

Duracells.

Just firing off an email to Honeywell now.

If I have to I will pay for a replacement controller, but I'm not really up for blowing another £120 on the whole thing...

We have just had exactly the same problem, which started when we changed the batteries. Sounds like we need a new unit?

Has anyone challenged Honeywell and got a free out of warranty replacement, it's obviously a known error?

I forgot to update this!

I contacted Honeywell and they posted me a new unit out FOC, despite it being well outside the warranty. Really excellent customer service.

Thats the advantage of dealing with a proper well known manufacturer!

They are often very helpful like that.

Pity the likes of Triton are just not interested!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back