HELP !! Missing wires on replacement Suprima 70 PCB KIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

Like many have a Suprima boiler that needed a new PCB board.
I have brought a replacement Interpart PCB KIt 5111603.
All seemed ok except when I went to connect the power to the gas valve, it seems to be missing a white wire that is looped on the block on the original PCB wiring. In fact in the picture on the instruction for the replacement board it does show the block with a looped white wire and a central earth lead.
Is mine missing something, is this white loop wire nesecarry or should I just cut the block of from the old PCB ( resolder wires) and use that.
Dont really want start boiler withot checking first.

Sponsored Links
The fitting of this part should really be done by a qualified RGI, who would know exactly what to do and be able to test boiler for safety afterwards.
Don't cut anything. The PCB is a MODIFIED unit.

Hi, I am also caught out by this replacement wiring anomaly.
Did you ever get to the bottom of it, as just now I am missing the white and black wires and gas valve isn't firing up the burner.

Just replaced the electrode lead and I am getting a spark to the burner, just no flame???

Sponsored Links
CorgiCrouch, do you have any explanation of the "missing wires" on the replacement wiring loom. Just asking seeing as you're up!!

There are no "missing wires", all that's missing is your understanding of what's required.

The fitting of this part should really be done by a qualified RGI, who would know exactly what to do and be able to test boiler for safety afterwards.

Thanks, and I understand that. Although could still do with an imediate solution.

GMS50

Pm me your gas safe number and I will help but my gut feeling is your a chancer thats decided to open up your boiler and has no idea about what your doing
Hope the Wife and kids are OK after youve had a play with your boiler ....... thank god you cant get it to fire

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back