Help!Need pvc door child safety catch.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me can you buy a safety lock for a pvc door..something like the window ones that limit the opening off your window. So that when the door is closed and then opened you need to lift the latch... Hope this makes sense.
My 2yr old son can open the door so easily and im constantly checking if the key is locked.... so he doesn`t get out.Its so worrying and I need a solution Any ideas greatly welcomed :!: [/u][/i][/b]

Sponsored Links
ball_and_chain.jpg

How about a standard door chain?

Such a thing wouldn't allow your son to open the door very far and he wouldn't be able to reach up to unchain the door.
It's also an added security feature.

EDIT: I should mention that you need to make sure you get a door chain and fixings suitable for a uPVC door.

Another route you may like to go down is a ventilation latch such as this: http://www.discountlocks.co.uk/ERA-812-uPVC-Ventilation-Lock-p/era 812.htm

Such a thing acts in a similar way to the door chain, it will allow your door to open slightly (primarily for ventilation), but you would still need to reach up and unlatch it to open the door fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back