Help needed desperately - no hot water pressure

Cwh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just bought a new flat and moved in at the weekend. The flat is in an old 1930's block and we all get out heating and hot water via a large communal boiler. Our mains cold water pressure comes in through the kitchen. Having moved in we noticed our hot water pressure is rubbish. It takes ages to fill the sink up. In the shower the showerhead will deliver hot water if I hold the shower head low (at knee level) but when it is put above head level nothing comes out. I should also mention I am on te top floor flat.

My neighbours who are also on the top flow have good water pressure.

What an I do to fix this? It's completely unliveable at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Check for any partly turned off stopcocks, check any filters in the shower and descale the head.

If that does not help contact the leaseholder before spending too much sorting it out, there may well be a problem with the pipework supply to your flat. If the neighbour is ok chances are it's not a problem with the hight of the tanks.

Does your flat have a water tank or a cylinder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back