Help needed please Velaire PJ 90/110 Fireing when HW & C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help my velaire pj 90/110 old boiler has decided to keep it self warm even when the HW & CH controls are set to off both valves are closing and the pump not running boiler red light stays on. i have to switch off at the main supply when not in use

Sponsored Links
It is not a problem with the boiler.
They require only a switched live.
Are you sure the pump is not energised.
Do you have a frost stat that has been turned up.

It sounds like a sticking zone valve to me.

It is not a problem with the boiler.
They require only a switched live.
Are you sure the pump is not energised.
Do you have a frost stat that has been turned up.

It sounds like a sticking zone valve to me.
I have checked the zone valves are closing. Normally the red boiler light went out when the controls were set to off this now stays on and ocasinally the boiler fires up only warming the boiler. No frost or room stat only a potterton EP2000 control box Has worked great for many years is it possibly a contact that has stuck closed.

Check that the contacts in the Hot water m/v are not sticking.

If you have 4 pipes from the boiler it is probably a "C" plan.
(Pumped heating and gravity hot water).

Sponsored Links
Check that the contacts in the Hot water m/v are not sticking.

If you have 4 pipes from the boiler it is probably a "C" plan.
(Pumped heating and gravity hot water).

Hello again
MV's are both working fine open and shuting. Set up is fully pumped system no heat at the pump when control set off HW & CH when i switch the main system power on, boiler cold it fires up for a few minutes the shuts off the burner and cycles about every hour just keeping the boiler warmed up only pipe getting warm is the short length to the pump do you know if there is anything with contacts at the burner or boiler thermostats.
Regards

This makes NO SENSE - if the pump is shutting off correctly, and the system USED to work OK then someone has done something that they are not owning up to such as altering wiring and ending up with a permanent live to the boiler - there is no other logical explaination :confused:

This makes NO SENSE - if the pump is shutting off correctly, and the system USED to work OK then someone has done something that they are not owning up to such as altering wiring and ending up with a permanent live to the boiler - there is no other logical explaination :confused:

Hi Boilerman
I serverd my time as a marine engineer now 72 years old only me and the wife and she wont touch the boiler let alone the wiring. I agree with you it makes no sense what so ever. As we are extremly rural i did not want to call a heating guy due to the cost possibly min £90.00, if it was something i could fix.

javascript:emoticon(':rolleyes:')

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back