Help needed - replace shower drain facia (corroded from bleach)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

Bit of a DIY novice... Need to replace a shower drain which has corroded / stripped by bleach being left on for too long. Have attached a image of the issue.

How do I get this remaining bit out - there is no access to the bottom as its a sealed unit.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
I think if you disturb that bit Chris you are asking for bother.....if you break the seal then its sure to leak.
Is there no access at all - even via a nearby floorboard?
John :)

Unfortunately not... Sealed unit and tiled floors - its only the plastic bit I want to replace ... It feels quite loose and seems to move anyway just don't want to pull too hard?!

Alternatively any other suggestions of how to restore its finish?

It looks like you have lifted the hair strainer part clear?
Seriously if the seal between the outlet and tray has been compromised, a leak is almost guaranteed.......
I can't think of any way to restore a chrome finish, I'm afraid.
John :)

Sponsored Links
The 'plastic bit' you have left is holding the rest of the waste/trap to the underside of the tray. If it's loose then you will already have a leak underneath the shower tray, if you remove it then the rest of the waste will (probably) fall into the void under the tray. The only way to replace/repair the waste is to gain access to the underside of the tray.

May be possible to gain access from the room below rather than break out tiles?

This is what the plastic bit is attached too
rl-stw3-r-p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back