Help needed to identify shower - need to replace thermostatic cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All,

I am having an issue with the temperature regulation on my built in shower.

It seemingly has no markings on it and have had crazy quotes from plumbers who dont want to try and take it apart to work out what brand it is, but just want to rip tiles off and replace the whole thing.

I wondered if anyone on here might be able to help me identify it and point me in the direction of the cartridge i would need ? Would be massively grateful!
image_67164417.jpg
[/url] [/IMG]

Sponsored Links
Although, they usually want a photo of the removed cartridge, and if you can't isolate the shower from the rest of the supplies, you're in for some fun and games!

It seemingly has no markings on it and have had crazy quotes from plumbers who dont want to try and take it apart to work out what brand it is,
So its been tested by plumbers and the fault narrowed down to the thermostat :cautious:.

The photo is of a generic 3 valve item,these are often unbranded items but some manufacturers have their name printed on the rectangular concealing plate.
Diybeginner5,you have to Safely isolate the shower water supply's remove the knobs (onsite fiddling required) ,remove rectangular concealing plate pop out the thermostat (it may be serviceable by cleaning) but once it is out photo and measure so an appropriate spare can be ordered.
Reassemble the shower mixer.

Have you got tools for the job :?: how much have you been quoted for a replacement shower mixer ? Some thermostats cost around £100 + plumber fitting costs.

Sponsored Links
Quoted £700 to replace!

I think I could have a go at getting the valve out and measuring / taking photos of it etc.

Combi boiler so assume can just turn off mains water stop cock to isolate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back