Shower diverter cartridge identification, help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, another newbie trying to identify a shower diverter cartridge :)

Its a concealed unit, no markings on front plate, tried showerdoc and few other but no joy so far, so any help appreciated.

I've had a quote for a full replacement but would prefer to change change the cartridge if I can.

Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_4436.JPG
    IMG_4436.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 265
Sponsored Links
On the diverter, the upper one, the spines on the shaft have worn (presume its a brass shaft). The mating splines in the handle have worn also, and though retained with a grub screw, the handle just rotates.
So i'm hoping to just replaced the cartridge (and handle) without having to remove any tiles or boarding beneath it.
Any help appreciated.

You will have to remove the brass (flow) cartridge to see what the replacement will be. A lot of showers have generic innards that are common, hopefully, you will have one of these. Removal of the chrome shroud with the two holes will make this easy.

Sponsored Links
I removed the chrome shroud last night by hand, I had assumed it needed a tool but it was only hand tight.
This now shows the flow cartridge (see new photos attached).
I cant find any isolation valves near the shower - whats the best way isolate it, just turn the water off to the house and drain the system from a tap?
Also, i'm not sure how to remove the flow cartridge, any recommendations?
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4461.JPG
    IMG_4461.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4463.JPG
    IMG_4463.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 212
Shut off the water and drain, remove brass cartridge with a box spanner (set available any Tool Station) use an Auqua vac if you have one for excess water. Then all will be easier to identify.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back