Help needed with removing concrete fascia tiles, insulating then rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Heres a picture of the front of our new house:

23kvh3d.jpg

Our previous house around the corner had the same concrete tiles and behind them is breeze blocks, there was no insulation/ bricks or cavity, so i removed the tiles, added 100 mmcelotex insualtion boards then covered in white plastic.

Back to our new house again and we would like to remove the old concrete tiles, insulate onto the breeze blocks behind, change the windows then have a rendered a off white / cream colour.

I dont know anything about rendering so will get a professional in to do that, as soon as i can get someone to us but everyone around us all appear to be very very busy.

Can anyone on here explain to me please how i would correctly insulate this area before the rendering gets applied, i have heard of solid insulation boards for this job as opposed to celotex 100mm boards.

Im happy to complete insulating the job myself, if only i knew what materials to use.

Thanks Mark

Sponsored Links
Probably 20 years ago so possibly out of date

An office block near a mate was converted to flats and they added sprayed foam which incorporated wire mesh
Then it was rendered

I did a google and it seems there are boards intended for domestic use
The page indicated that pp might be needed

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back