Help, no hot water and pressure at zero everyday

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can give me a few pointers here. We have had issues with plumbing in this house ever since we moved in. The pressure keeps dropping to zero everyday. I have to keep topping it up but don't know why. I've checked for leaks and can't find any. No air in any radiators either.

The main issue we have today is that we have no hot water. Radiators are nice and hot but no hot water from the taps. Boiler isn't on, no idea what to check :confused:

any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

anijyo.jpg

18gh3o.jpg

29o5n2x.jpg

29ok9kg.jpg

Sponsored Links
The two-port valve supplying the cylinder may be faulty leaving you with no hot water. There is a small metal lever on it which can be pushed manually, do this and see if you get hot water. If you do then you'll need to do a few basic electrical checks to make sure it's the valve that's faulty before replacing it. If this sounds beyond your capability then it's a simple job for a plumber to do.

As far as your pressure loss goes it could be various things. The red expansion vessel may be faulty, the pressure relief valve too, or you could just have a leak somewhere. Does the pressure ever go up to 3bar at all?

Fault has to be on primary side as the hot water expansion is internal on a megaflo and any fault would not drop the primary pressure.

As stated the 3 most likely are.....expansion vessel needs a recharge or replacement, prv letting by due to above or on its own or a leak on the system

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back