Help! No hot water but CH is ok. Vokera boiler not firing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera 20/80 RS Flowmatic boiler which until today was working perfectly well. Now I'm suddenly getting no hot water from the taps. The boiler does not fire up when I turn the tap on like it used to. Pilot light is lit and the boiler fires up ok when I switch the CH on. I also get hot water when the heating is on so really the only problem is no hot water on its own. Is it likely to be a valve issue somewhere? TIA.

Sponsored Links
Its likely to be a failed diverter valve.

If you are calling someone then try Danny of Ranoch Services, its his favourite boiler model!

Tony

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
It may only be the diaphragm, and therefore a simple job to rectify. Bit of dismantling to do but a good pro would complete in an hour.

Sponsored Links
David what you have is a good boiler that a boiler fitter would say is too old to repair and a heating engineer can sit on a fence and be able to recommend a replacement or repair. A tree hugger like myself would suggest an overhaul that will give you a few years more from this brick outhouse of a boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back