Help - no landing lights!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm after some advice. We were in the process of changing our landing light switches (switch downstairs and upstairs) controlling the same set of 4 down lighters since we tried to make he switch we can't get any of the lights working! So we put the old switches back (all wires back in the same places) and we still can't get the lights working. We've checked with a multimeter and there's power coming from the switch but there's no power getting to any of the down lights, so we've replaced the transformer (1 controlling all 4 lights same as previous) and we've still got no lights so now I'm completely stuck as to what to try next ::b

Any help would be fab

Sponsored Links
was it only the switch you replaced, no work done on any other part of the lighting circuit?
What cables do you have at the switch plate, number of conductors,core colours and any other additional sleeving or marking?
How have you now connected them up?
Checked with a multi-meter, in what way?
Did you change both switches and no power at either?
Was there a link on any two gang switches?

Sponsored Links
If they have come on without any further attention.
As securespark has pointed out, likely there is a loose connection, this needs to be resolved, and connections tightened, if not there maybe trouble ahead

I can't believe it. They just did the same joke on the Archers. Do we have an Archer's scriptwriter on the forum?

Damn, Secure is quite right of course, the blame for both that mistake and for thinking it was funny in the first place lies with a certain Mr Daniels of Lynchburg, Tennessee..... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back