Help! Noise ONLY when using timer, radiators not coming on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I tried to use the timed mode for my non-gas central heating. It bangs and rumbles so when I've tried to do this in the past it worried me enough that I just turned it off and used the normal (switching on/off) mode.

Well today I decided I really need timed heat. So I set the timer and I think that part worked because at about the time it should have come on, the banging started.

So I persevered with it. It's been nearly an hour now and the noises are still going and the radiators have not come on. I do not have any noise and the radiators work fine so long as the timer isn't used.

I just switched it back to on and 'constant.' There was a noise that sounded like scraping before it went silent.

I have no idea what could be going on here, I really hope someone has a suggestion!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back