Rumbling noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Old Potterton condensing boiler. Started with repetitive high-pitched banging noises in central heating pipework drop-down next to bedroom radiator- then said radiator's TRV valve started leaking. Got radiator replaced. Banging noise resolved. However, that same evening of replacing radiator, roughly 2 hours after having central heating on (no problems if just hot water on), loud rumbling noise in, I think pipework just above hot water tank. Sounds like someone moving heavy furniture across a hard floor. Lasts only a couple of seconds each time. No noise on powering on. All quiet for first 2 hours of heating on, then said noise every 15-30 or so minutes. Heating and hot water hot and radiators all bled. Any idea of the cause? Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
What does the plumber who replaced the radiator say?

Plumber tried to fob me off saying its just more noticeable as loft hatch open. But it is a REAL change (loft door closed now!!). I can't trust the plumber unfortunately. When I first told them about original banging noise the reply I got was "That's strange" and no further questions or comments. Basically, I'm being fobbed off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back