HELP Now have no heating Potterton EP2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys this is my first post hope someone can help me out as I thought I knew what I was doing but clearly I didn’t
I have (or should I say had) a Potterton Ep2000 Programmer which I have now removed and installed a Hive single receiver just for heating as my hot water has always been just on the Emersion Heater and not heated by the boiler
But the boiler doesn’t kick in when I up the temperature on either the app or controller although it says it’s heating up them I still have the old rotary Honeywell thermostat which is set to maximum so it doesn’t conflict the hive controller

Attachments

• 8EFA5ADB-2C16-4D7D-8163-FE7BAC66D88B.jpeg
    8EFA5ADB-2C16-4D7D-8163-FE7BAC66D88B.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 343
Sponsored Links
Good morning Cossiboy,

Do you have a photo of hive wiring? Have you checked your zone valve?

I have now removed and installed a Hive single receiver just for heating

First of all, the EP you have was wired to control the hot water. Which is via the yellow wire in EP terminal 3. So before you do anything, you need to find out what is on the other end of the yellow wire. If your plumbing arrangement is (or was) a gravity hot water system with pumped central heating, the boiler will not work without the yellow (hot water) wire also being connected.

I'm extremely puzzled as to why you are not using the boiler to heat the hot water, when an electric immersion heater costs 3 times the cost of gas to run!

So in summary.

1) What type of heating system do you have? Gravity / fully pumped
2) Can you explain what happened to the hot water system? is it still connected?
3) What is the yellow wire connected to at the other end?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back