help on dismantling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
i have a leak (slight brown ring around join on the far right) coming from the join between the radiator and the white (don't know name sorry) screw-in part which holds the threaded part to connect the water pipes.

I have tried to unscrew the white "adapter" from the radiator but it just won't budge, what do i need to do to unscrew it and then i image i need to put some ptfe tape around it to re-seal the join.

any help
regards
scott

Sponsored Links
As you look at the connection(end on) it will turn anti clockwise. You aren't trying hard enough. Use a decent wrench or pump pliers and give it some welly.

Sponsored Links
Why do you think that it will have a "reverse thread"?

Because it looks like an aluminium rad. From what the OP is describing, he wants to remove the 1 1/4" bush, which on the left side of these radiators have a left hand thread.

That amusingly useful to know! And would fox most plumbers! It also means that once they have spoilt the part trying to undo it the wrong way its going to be very difficult to find a replacement!

I see very few ali rads in the UK but oddly perhaps quite a few in France.

Tonmy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back