Microbore twin entry radiator valve replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My radiator valve is leaking slightly from under the cap.
I tried to unscrew the cap and then reach the nut and tighten it. But the screw holding the cap is rusted and the screw-driver will not hold.
Any advise how to unscrew the cap pleace?
In case I need to replace the whole unit where can one buy a two entry (10mm) TVR or manual valve?
Appreciate if you'll guide a a not-so-experienced- DIYer how to replace the valve or how to unscrew the cap so as to reach the nut and tighten it.... maybe this will stop the slight leak.
Thanks in advance for any help
Zack :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I think you will need to drill the screw out, remove the knob, and tighten up or repack the gland. It's quite a bit of work to change a twin entry valve, even if you can buy one.

Dear Mysteryman,
Can u please guide me as to how "to drill a screw out?"
Thanks Again
Zack

Sponsored Links
If it’s one of these, you’d better hope it doesn’t need replacing.

YF_Main_1469_10.jpg

We bought the last 1500 made by Yorkshire in 2009 when they said they were discontinuing them as we had a contract with BG.
No merchant, I’m sure, will have one on the shelf.
A German company – Oventropf – may still make them, but it’s doubtful you’ll find them over here.

Use a very small drill bit in a variable speed drill. Hold it good and steady, go slowly and carefully, and when you have machined away the head of the screw, you should be able to remove the knob. Put a drop of WD-40 on the remains of the screw, and you may be able to undo it with a pair of pliers or small mole grip. Do not attempt any of this if you are not confident.

Charnwood, do you have any of the dual valves left? The lockshield screw on my is completely corroded. Thanks Adam

Just put a valve at each end and run an extra little bit of microbore pipe to the far end, it’s just simpler than peeing about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back