help on selecting the right tools for the job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am repainting my average 3 bed semi house lounge is approx 7m by 4 with one of the 7m walls taking most of it up with windows and double doors.
There is the stair case walls to paint a small enterance and 3 average size rooms all can take a double bed 2 of those rooms have a wardrobe on them and will be looking at painting these the same as the doors and skirting boards.
I am going to use this website I found to order the base(undercoat) and was wondering how much paint I would need also what paint would I buy for the skirting boards/doors and wardrobes. Also the type of brushes I would need I heard its better to buy good quality brushes so some advice would be great on that.
Here is the website
http://www.paint-direct.co.uk/en-GB/home.aspx
I was going to purchase the Glidden - TRADE 10 litre contract matt white unless somethings think Macpherson 10 ltrs Contract Matt Brilliant White would be better.
I will be putting dulux endurance on top of this but still deciding on colours and feature walls.
So in summary a rough idea on how many 10l tins i might need and equipment ie rollers and brushes and a paint for the skirting boards doors and wardrobes.(There are 6 doors) I know this is a bit of a job for someone but would really appreciate the help.
Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
Your best bet for paint would be to buy from Brewers in Aylesbury. Crown Eggshell (oil-based) for woodwork (2.5 L max)
Crown white emulsion will cover better than the Glidden or MacPherson, unless youre only using white as base coat.
Best brushes are Hamilton Perfection (a bit expensive in Brewers though) , 2.5" for doors Architraves etc. but even these wont be easy to use until they've worn slightly..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back