Help pairing ST620WBC thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope someone can help here. Sorry if this a long post, trying to anticipate any questions.

I have a Worcester Greenstar Si Compact Combi Boiler with a Salus ST620WBC Thermostat. Installed Feb 2015, so 7 & half years old.

I noticed earlier in the week that the heating hadn't come on when the temp dropped below 18.5. looked at the boiler, and there was a flashing red LED. After a bit of Googling, I figured out that the Thermostat was no longer paired. Probably from earlier in the year when I noticed the thermostat was dead & replaced the batteries. Until this week temp hasn't dropped low enough for the heating to come on.

I saw somewhere that to stop the red flashing light and get it ready to pair, I needed to turn off for 5 seconds. Turned it back on and flashing red light had stopped. So far so good. But this as far as I can get. I cannot get the receiver (this is the bit connected to the boiler right?) into pairing mode. If I move the switch all the way to the right, the boiler fires up, but when I put it in auto (middle position) and press & hold the Sync button, it does not flash every second. Tried pairing from the thermostat itself anyway, and it does go into the pairing mode here, counting down from 10, but does not pair.

Is the receiver just broken? Or am I missing something I should have done to reset and forget the previous pairing?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

Sponsored Links
Ikay, bit strange, but when I got home from work yesterday, the heating was on and seemed to be responding to the thermostat again. It was too hot, temp on thermostat said 21.5 when it should be turning off at 18.5, so I manually turned it down. It didn't come back on this morning, well above 18.5, so I am assuming (hoping) thermostat now working properly, and it was too high yesterday because it was in manual from when I was trying to get it working.

Fingers crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back