Help please. Boiler flue - mixing brands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I had a boiler service about a week ago. It’s a new ish boiler installed around 3 years ago. It’s a combi valiant boiler with a flue gas heat recovery unit.

The person who carried out the service said he needed to complete a safety check of the system. He went into the loft and said that the company who fitted it had put in 3 flue bends, 2 of which are valiant and 1 is a Worcester Bosch. He has said that as they have different fixing methods they can’t be mixed and the Worcester Bosch one needs to be replaced. He did a test to make sure there was no leakage from the flue and this was fine.

Whilst this sounds a little odd to me if it’s what needs to be done then I am happy to get it done. I just want to make sure before I book it that what I am being told is correct and I’m not being taken for a ride.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this area who can give me some guidance please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
At the very least it will void your warranty.
As the system ages, it 'might' present a safety issue.

Great thanks Mikecip and Dilalio. Really just helps make sure Im not being taken for a ride.

Sponsored Links
Get the original installer back and ask them to sort it FOC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back