Help please finding patio door handle 92PZ-162 satin silver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After getting new windows fitted this week I'm replacing all my conservatory door and window hardware with satin silver, but after exhaustive searches just cannot find a door handle that will fit. It seems to be an old size that is still readily available in white, gold (ugh!) or black, but NOT in satin silver.
Does anyone know if a different size would fit, or where I might be able to source the correct one in satin silver, or even brushed chrome (if there's any difference..!). Some reference images are below. Many many thanks in advance!

TechnicalImageD071296501469.jpg

aaa2_zpsd0dfaf30.jpg

aaa1_zpsbe8c8a09.jpg

Sponsored Links
Have you tried emailing them?
Im sure they could order something in for you. They are quite helpful.

Sponsored Links
That looks like an old Avocet handle and is pretty old now, looking at the frame it looks like status systems profile which i believe do not exist anymore, at the time all this was current satin silver probably wasn't an option from the handle manufacturer, if you are dead set on having satin silver then you might need to fit a universal handle, so long as its a 92pz the fixing screws don't need to be exact as you can drill new holes through the door but i'd go for a set that has the screws further apart so your certain of missing the lock case inside the pvc

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/door-...ndles-92pz/hoppe-london-lever-lever-92pz.html

That looks like an old Avocet handle and is pretty old now, looking at the frame it looks like status systems profile which i believe do not exist, at the time all this was current satin silver probably wasn't an option from the handle manufacturer, if you are dead set on having satin silver then you might need to fit a universal handle, so long as its a 92pz the fixing screws don't need to be exact as you can drill new holes through the door but i'd go for a set that has the screws further apart so your certain of missing the lock case inside the pvc

Ah thanks, I wondered if a different handle could be fitted. So any 92pz handle would work (assuming the lock is missed by the screws)? Spindle size etc is standard?

Yep, obviously the PZ is fixed but if your prepared to drill fresh holes then yes theres nothing stopping you fitting a different handle. A bit of caution is needed here as i mentioned earlier as some fixing screw actually go through the lock case and in this case the handles and locking mech are kind of a pair and there may not in fact probably won't be any other handles that would fit that particular make of locking mech, but if you chose a handle like i linked to then the screw holes are that far apart they will clear the top and bottom of the lock case inside, its what makes them universal i guess

They deliver anyway, email them the spec/sizes, they're very helpful.

Update: new handles fitted. Thanks for everyone's help & advice! :D

The upper fixing screw JUST cleared the lock mechanism. It was tight, but fitted.

aaa4aa_zps72b44d39.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back