Replacement Patio door handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

The pictures show my existing patio door from inside & outside:

I want to replace the 'gold' handles with polished chrome equivalents and have so far found an ideal handle for the one with the lock here (in chrome) - http://www.handlestore.com/d161-atlanta-92pz-122

I'll also be replacing the lock with an avocet chrome one that sits flush on the outside.

The problem is what to do with the non lock handle (the small one on the left). It is functional in that it needs to be lifted up to open the left hand door but I can't find a suitable replacement. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi Daviddave, thanks for your reply. I have attached a couple of pictures:

What I have is a 7mm spindle that is 70mm long and this operates the mechanism of the door.

The handle is held to the mechanism (not the door frame) with 4mm x 45mm screws at 43mm centres.

Finding a replacement for the handle with the lock on the other door was simple as it seems to be a standard size, but this single one is proving more difficult

Sponsored Links
Thank you both. Tilt and turn is exactly what I needed. I've ordered the replacement handles and will post pictures when I've fitted them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back