HELP PLEASE - FITTING OF A LIMESTONE FIRE SURROUND

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I have posted to the correct Forum.

I would be grateful for some advice on how I go about securing a Limestone back plate to the wall.

I have just purchased a Limestone surround and while I know I secure the surround itself to the wall with brackets I need to use some form of adhesive to secure a portion of the backplate to the wall. As this is fireplace is Limestone and therefore porous I am concerned that I could use the wrong type.

The fire is being installed by a professional.

As well as advising me on the type of adhesive to use could you also recommend a Limestone sealer and cleaner?

This is the first time we have attempted this type of job so any help will be gratefully received. Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
hi
i fitted a limestone fireplace a couple of years ago i can't remember the exact name of the adhesive but it was some kind of flexi adhesive made by bal, not the cheapest for adhesives but very good, you also need to seal the stone otherwise if you spill anything on the stone it would be ruined.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back