HELP PLEASE.NEW-BORN BABY IN THE HOUSE!!!!

The pressure only increases when it fires up so I don't think it's the filling loop. Other wise it would keep filling slowly all the time.What do you think? This doesn't make sense does it?

Sponsored Links
Last time I tried to help you my posting was deleted with any explanation!

Try pressurising the expansion vessel to 0.9 Bar BUT as you do this make sure the system is open to the atmosphere via a rad bleed screw or whatever you use.

Its essential to do it that way even if you dont understand why!

Tony

thanks Tony. I've done that already with the outlet tap open and everything else off. It improved and then went back to the same thing again.

How about this, purely theoretical but I've had a few beers and just watched my football team get destroyed, so I'm allowed a bit of self indulgence :LOL: ! Its also maybe the answer to the problem!

The tube/pipe which links the expansion vessel and the primary system could be blocked. That way, the vessel could have the correct pressure in it, but the vessel is not actually doing anything. I've seen this happen on even new-ish Worcester boilers.

Drain down the boiler and find out if the point which links the vessel and the heating circuit is blocked. I really hope this is the cause as there is not a lot else which could be the cause...

Sponsored Links
Thanks ACO,
I'll give it a try. Not now though. Ive had enough of it for now.I think I'll sellotape up the windows and buy ull us all eskimo style skin coats, hats gloves and whale blubber slippers.
Just kidding. I am going away for a few days tommorow but will let you know how it went when I get back. I'm having a Boiler Free Mind for the next few days at least, then back I'll go headlong into BUsted Boiler mode.
Thanks again!

ACOperson said:
99% sure that its the expansion vessel.

You can check it by doing the following:

1. Isolate your boiler using the 2 taps which look like washing machine isolators on the 22mm pipes next to each other on the RH side of the underside of the boiler.

Betcha they start leaking now :LOL:

Also it defo sounds like the expansion pipe is chocked up.

Get a new prv too. The existing one will be well done in by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back