help please trying to change wired stat to wireless stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a wirless stat to fit to my system, the wired is a danfosss room stat and has 3 core wire no.1 L no.4 N dont know what no.3 is ?

my new wireless stat is a celect DRF1 which has a N + L and no.1 + no. 2

where should i wire this into the danfoss wiring centre or use the three wire from the old stat?

many help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
the wired is a danfoss room stat and has 3 core wire no.1 L no.4 N dont know what no.3 is?
You don't mention no. 2; I hope there's a wire in it!

Don't know this model; it appears to be just a thermostat, i.e not programmable. If that is correct, you will need four wires; so the existing cable to the old stat will not be suitable. However that doesn't matter as you can place the receiver anywhere, e.g near the wiring centre. Just check wireless communication before fixing it to the wall.

Wiring is as follows:

L connects to the permanent live terminal in the wiring centre
N connects to permanent neutral terminal in the wiring centre
2 connects to same terminal as 1 of the old stat
1 connects to same terminal as 2 of the old stat

the wired is a danfoss room stat and has 3 core wire no.1 L no.4 N dont know what no.3 is?

Don't know this model; it appears to be just a thermostat, i.e not programmable. If that is correct, you will need four wires; so the existing cable to the old stat will not be suitable. However that doesn't matter as you can place the receiver anywhere, e.g near the wiring centre. Just check wireless communication before fixing it to the wall.

Wiring is as follows:

yes sorry my mistake no.2 is a black wire

Sponsored Links

Wiring is as follows:

yes sorry my mistake no.2 is a black wire

think I goosed the wireless receiver, I had a spark and blow a 3 amp fuse yesterday but it still come on and communicates with the receiver but does not start the boiler, there is no live from no.1 or no.2 is this normal?

Doze this conform a fault receiver?

no.2 is a black wire.

there is no live from no.1 or no.2 is this normal?
Have you wired it as I said?

2 connects to same wiring centre terminal as 1 of the old stat (?colour)
1 connects to same wiring centre terminal as 2 of the old stat (black wire)

You should get live on terminal 2 of the new stat when heating is on at the timer.

no.2 is a black wire.

there is no live from no.1 or no.2 is this normal?
Have you wired it as I said?

2 connects to same wiring centre terminal as 1 of the old stat (?colour)
1 connects to same wiring centre terminal as 2 of the old stat (black wire)

You should get live on terminal 2 of the new stat when heating is on at the timer.

wired it up as you said and no live on no.2, i must of fried it, new one ordered and on it way its only £25

thank very much for your time.

wired it up as you said and no live on no.2, i must of fried it, new one ordered and on it way its only £25
Terminal 2 should be getting a live feed from the CH ON terminal of the timer. Frying the receiver will not affect this. You need to check that there is 230V at CH ON and that you have connected the wire to the correct terminal in the wiring centre.

A faulty timer will give the same error.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back