Wiring RF Room Stat - Couple Of Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wiring a Danfoss RET + RF RX1 wireless room stat into my vented system, that doesn't have a stat at present.

Using the left hand diagram for the RX1;

1) So I have to put a link between L and 2?

2) I know that I have to disconnect the wire from the wiring centre block that comes from the programmer CH on. Which terminal on the stat does this now have to connect to ? 2 or 3?

3) Lastly, I have to run a wire from the stat, back to the connection on the wiring centre block, where I have just removed one from. Does this go into 3 or 4?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok, perhaps this will be a little less confusing.

This is the new stat wiring connections (using RX1 diagram on left)

And this is the wiring diagram that I have (except I don't have a stat fitted)

Which connections on the stat connect to which connections on the wiring centre?

Help!

Hoping to fit this weekend. Horrendous gas bills, and equally horrendous wife nagging me! :cry:

Sponsored Links
stat w/centre
L to 1
N to 2
2 to 4 see text below
3 to 5 see text below

if the white wire from the valve is connected here (4)take it out and connect the white to terminal five if the white is connected to term 5 along with another wire (could be any colour)then take the other wire out and connect it to 4,if there is a wire link connecting terms 4 and 5 then take that out when you are finished there should be only 2 wires in each of the terminals 4 and 5

Matt

Thanks Matt1e, that's made it much clearer. So it's terminals 2 and 3 on the stat that provide the break/switch between the heating terminal on the programmer and the white mot. valve wire.

One last question. Under the stat diagram, it says 'NB For mains voltage operated systems, link terminal 2 to mains live supply'.

I was thinking that this meant put a link wire between 2 and the L terminal on the stat. Am I right in thinking that the mains supply comes from the programmer heating wire/terminal, as it will be connected to this? So no link wire needed?

I was thinking that this meant put a link wire between 2 and the L terminal on the stat. Am I right in thinking that the mains supply comes from the programmer heating wire/terminal, as it will be connected to this? So no link wire needed?

your thinking is correct - no link req

Matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back