HELP PLEASE - Water from combi boiler is not getting hot!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just moved into a new flat with a 'Sime 80c Format' combi-boiler. The problem is that the water is not getting hot - it gets warm, but never hot. When I open a tap the bolier lights up and seems to be burning at full capacity but the water that actually comes out of the tap is only lukewarm and never gets any better!! The radiators are fine - get very hot very quickly.

Please help if you can!!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Going by your description of "seems to be burning at full capacity" sugests that you have no test equipment etc and all that goes with it. All i can sugest is you get a copy of the full instuctions and find your flow rate ,I would expect 8 or 9 lt per min , to fast and it wont get enough heat etc, at 8 lt you should get around 50 deg c with todays weather. if the flow is ok run the taps for 10+ mins with no heating and a cold system ,if the rads or pipework start to warm then suspect your diverter valve or sim( not familier with your model)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back