help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i`m decorating a whole flat (kitchen,bathroom,hall and two lounge sized rooms) and its heavily nicotine stained . the guy wants vinyl silk magnolia throughout so i was gonna use a primer sealer(either -polcell stain stop or international alkali resistant primer,sealer. whould this be sufficient to stop the stains bleeding through and can i use silk on these primers.oh and there are different surfaces aswell-some rooms are papered and he wants it painting over and some are bare plaster/painted plaster. please can anyone advise? cheers

Sponsored Links
Lots of cheap oil based undercoat, bit smelly but it will just about seal the nicotine and any stains that are there. Then emulsion on top with chosen colours. If the nicotine is very heavy, you might need to sugar soap first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back