help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi..i have some serious problems with my heating system. i have a valliant boiler for my flat which supports 5 radiators..i hear loud noise of water rushing through the radiators whenever i switch the boiler on..i tried bleeding the radiators(done a mistake by bleeding them with boiler on). while bleeding i heard hissing sound for 2 minutes, but no water came out after the hissing stopped. i tried bleeding it again after 2 days..and again i heard hissing sound of air for 2 min and no water came out..every day i have to bleed them to heat the radiators to the top. and also the radiators stop from heating all of a sudden and my boilers switch of automatically. also im not so sure of the controls on my boiler since i dont have a manual..Also the water from the tap takes too long to heat and stops suddenly and i have to switch on the boiler again to get some hot water..can u please help me out with my problem??..thanks

george

Sponsored Links
you are topping the system back up every time you bleed it aren't you ? :idea:

Is there a large difference in system pressure between hot and cold?

It seems he asks the question and then goes to bed.

Hopefully he will reply tomorrow?

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks for ur replies..sorry for the delay as i work on a irregular shift pattern..
there is no psi indicator as such in my boiler ..there are two meters..one shows 'bar' and the other is 'ºc'..the bar meter does not move at all times..the ºc meter increases when the boiler is on and comes back to zero when the boiler is off or idle..and when the boiler is in idle state i dont find the radiators working at all. when i open the tap for hot water the boiler switches on and makes some working noise this is when the 'ºc' meter rises less than half way..there is also a timer fitted on which has a three way switch ive kept the switch in the center position. when i switch the timer to third position the boiler starts and this is when the radiators start heating up and make loud water noise and after some time the boiler becomes idle and the radiators stop from heating..i find it too confusing to figure out what is happening..

george

If the pressure gauge does not move at all, it is probably blocked or broken.
Try again to be sure

no the 'ºc' meter is workin but when the boiler is idle..it shows zero..only when i open the hot water tap the pressure increases..when i close the tap the boiler becomes idle and the radiators stop working..

no the 'ºc' meter is workin but when the boiler is idle..it shows zero..only when i open the hot water tap the pressure increases..when i close the tap the boiler becomes idle and the radiators stop working..

Mate put some water ionto the system first... if your gauge ain't working, get it fixed...perhaps it isn't broke and you're not topping the system back up to 1.5 bar? when u bleed u must retop the system again...try that then let us know what the boiler does

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back