help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i had two set of chest of drawers in my son s bedrooms and the bottom on most of the drawers have warped, i think due to the weight of stuff that they have in them can any reccommend a way to straighten them again from marie

Sponsored Links
yeah, its a bugger when it gets so bad that the bottom half falls out preventing the draw from being opened at all :rolleyes:

I assume its one of those types of draws that has a hardboard panel which locates in a recess all around? all you can do is run a thinish wooden support underneath the panel from one side of the drawer to the other, to 1) give it some strength and 2) hold it straight in the process. Use a couple of small angled brackets either end or put a screw / nail through the side of the draw into the support.

Yoll have to examine the bottom of the draw to see if there is enough room to do this. The thicker the support the better. generally there is in the region of 10mm between the panel and the bottom of the draw itself, which is enough thickness to house a 50mm * 10mm support.

thats what Ive done in the past anyway. works a treat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back