Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
So I'm doing a bathroom remodel..............slowly.
In taking the tiles off (honest that's all I was trying to do) large areas of the plasterboard have come away so I'm now at the point where I need to make a decision.

Do I patch it with cement board or tile backer board (what are the pros/cons to both?)
Or
Do I take all the plaster board off the external wall and use one of the above to completely reskin it?

I'm thinking I am going to do the same on the left side as well, cutting the plasterboard out to the next available stud.

Thoughts/suggestions would be really appreciated.
IMG_7184.jpeg

Sponsored Links
“It can be used in most situations in kitchens and bathrooms when tiling a wall, but where water is being used in abundance, i.e. shower areas and wet rooms, you need to waterproof,” In the latter case, tanking is required and it might be better to choose an alternative like a cement-based tile backer board.

tiling on [email protected]

If you want another option try Nass boards, which make the job more expensive but provide a better surface for tiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back