Help! : Possible Insulation Issues?

Note that their pricing can be quite random and inconsistent. Work out the per-cubic-meter price of the pallet you're buying

Sponsored Links
When we renovated the house there was a partition wall put in diagonally (don't ask) between the kid's bedrooms.
Show below during the renovation.

IMG_20190521_191650.jpg

I was a bit suspicious of whether this got insulated ... especially when I saw this on cold days, see below.
Ignore the bigger problem on the left, that was sorted. Look where the red arrow is pointing on the right, the diagonal line across the roof.

IMG_20191225_083906-2.png

Today, I put an Endoscope camera into that partition wall.
You can see the insulation above the kids bedroom on the top right, is absent above the partition wall itself.
You can see the black of the roof felt to the left of the insulation.

How do I sort this without taking down the wall entirely - "no more gaps" or something like that?

Attachments

• Photo_2023-09-17 13_54_20_044.JPG
    Photo_2023-09-17 13_54_20_044.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 46
put in diagonally (don't ask)
Makes sense to me; if you have one rectangular room and two kids, a split that allows a long bed and a short desk in each works well

Take a section of plasterboard off, drill through the top plate and fill the void with expanding foam
Or strip the roof (concrete tile?) and insulate from above

Last edited:
Removing the tile doesn't help as there is always roof felt underneath.
I think I am going to remove sections of plaster board the length of wall.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back