Help! Potterton Puma 80 pilot light problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help??

Initial problem....... Pilot light goes out (One loud click) after demand on the system, both CH or HW.

Boiler guy comes to fix it...... checks LED on PCB.... it stays on AFTER Hot tap is switched off. New diverter valve required...£260!! System appears ok, LED behaves itself, but, the pilot light still goes out. Now it goes out about 4 - 5 mins after the demand on the system has ceased. This can be HW for 2 showers plus central heating for hours, or just 20secs of HW.

Has the boiler guy ripped me off?? What is needed to fix this prob. Any info would be great so I'm a bit more informed when he comes back...

Many thanks

DIYBEN

Sponsored Links
it stays on AFTER Hot tap is switched off. New diverter valve required...
WRONG

Just a flow switch, under £50

Oh dear.

Thanks Chris

Does this mean the flow switch will cure the pilot light problem???

Can I fit it myself? Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

DIYBEN

Yes you can . Plenty here - do a search on
Puma flow switch.

It may be your DV was faulty too, but if the CH and HW are as before, it was a complete misdiagnosis. DV has no effect whatsoever on the red light.

Sponsored Links
Or call our resident Chris Hutt in Bristol!

Havent heard from him for a while though.

£260 is a little steep for a replacement diverter valve too!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back